nClone – disk cloning frontend that runs on your NAS
nClone is a software bundle that allows you to backup, restore and clone the hard drives of computers in your network.
Once the nClone software is installed on your NAS appliance, it enables computers residing in the same subnet to boot the cloning software over the network.
The cloning software can transfer the contents of the local disks to and from the NAS.
Generic disk cloning functions
- Backup your computer’s local hard disk to NAS
- Restore a disk image from the NAS to your computer
- Deploy a single disk image to multiple computers
Boots off the network
- Your computers will boot the cloning software over the network using PXE technology.
- No need to bother with installation cd-roms, floppies or USB sticks
- Integrates into existing environments nicely without having to change existing infrastructure (proxy DHCP principle)
Based on open source software
Based on industry standard open source software like: